Re: Complex chords

From: Stjepan Brbot
Subject: Re: Complex chords
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 23:41:38 -0700 (PDT)

Tim McNamara wrote:

> You need to define exceptions to the way that LilyPond writes
> chords.  One way is to use one of the alternative chord rendering
> methods that you can find in the snippet repository.  You can put
> this into a .ly file and use the \include command to call it when the
> music file is rendered into a PDF.

Thanks Tim. It seems that this is exactly what I need but... it does not
work for me!? I don't know why.

I have studied the chapter
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Displaying-chords#Displaying-chords
Chord name exceptions  in LilyPond snippet documentation but when I insert
the code below from documentation my OOoLilyPond (with LilyPond 2.12.1
behind) does not compile it reporting many errors in code (see picture
attached)!

% modify maj9 and 6(add9)
% Exception music is chords with markups
chExceptionMusic = {
<c e g b d'>1-\markup { \super "maj9" }
<c e g a d'>1-\markup { \super "6(add9)" }
}

% Convert music to list and prepend to existing exceptions.
chExceptions = #( append
( sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions chExceptionMusic #t)
ignatzekExceptions)

theMusic = \chordmode {
g1:maj9 g1:6.9
\set chordNameExceptions = #chExceptions
g1:maj9 g1:6.9
}

\layout {
ragged-right = ##t