RE: sectional titles above tempo markings?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: RE: sectional titles above tempo markings?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:21:34 +0000

Hi Josiah,

> I guess I was hoping that I could just use the nice-and-easy-to-read
> \tempo "Slow" 4 = 48
> approach somewhere in there.

You can... just build a custom tempo function like

tempoCustom =
  #(define-music-function (parser location textA textB notedur bpm) (string?
string? number? number?)
    #{
      \tempo $notedur = $bpm
      \tempo \markup \dir-column { $textA $textB }
    #})

Then you'd be able to use

  \tempoCustom #"Try Something" #"(Like This) #4 #96

This is untested code, and you'd have to tweak your function according to your
needs of course.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.