Re: \partial at start, but want whole bar at end

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: \partial at start, but want whole bar at end
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:02:41 +0200

Am 22.05.2009 um 15:27 schrieb Paul Hodges:

Hi all,

I have looked around, but I can't find anything about this in the pdf
documentation or snippets (v2.12.2):

At the start of my piece, I have \partial for an upbeat.  However, I
wish to have a full bar (a semibreve in 2/2) at the end of the piece -
following my source.  However, Lilypond is insisting on having a final
bar of three beats to match the upbeat at the start - which is blank,
because I have no more notes.  How can I get rid of this, pretty please?

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Hodges

I've never seen this, in fact the opposite! How is lilypond insisting? Can you make a two or three measure example that shows what you mean?

James E. Bailey