Re: \partial at start, but want whole bar at end

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Re: \partial at start, but want whole bar at end
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:21:28 +0100

--On 22 May 2009 18:02 +0200 "James E. Bailey"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I've never seen this, in fact the opposite! How is lilypond
> insisting? Can you make a two or three measure example that shows
> what you mean?

Sorry, I missed out what turned out to be the key bit of information -
that the last bar was also the second part of an \alternative at the
end of a repeat which started with a \partial.  I have been shown a
solution off list.  What I had written was:

\alternative {
{ c2. }
{ c1 \bar "|." }
}

which gave a second-time section with a semibreve but also an empty bar
before the double bar at the end.  The solution offered (and gratefully
accepted) was:

\alternative {
{ \set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment -3 4) c2. }
{ c1 \bar "|." }
}

I don't understand it yet, but working it out will be educational.

Paul

--
Paul Hodges