Re: single staff poliphony

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: single staff poliphony
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:58:15 +0200

Federico Bruni schrieb:
Hi Marc,
thank you so much, the code you've suggested works fine.

Marc Hohl wrote:
As I have written some guitar music in lilypond, I find it easier to do
so with seperate
voices for upper and lower notes. It's easier to read and to correct,
and all the
<< { } \\ { } >> stuff can get really annoying when you code more than a
few bars.

you're right, much better

Thank you for giving the new tablature features a try!

Thanks to you for freeing the tab numbers from stems' slavery ;-).
The clef moderntab works fine as well (I found out that - to make it
working -I should put the code \clef "moderntab" in both voices of my
staff).

Just a question:
which effects are supported by the tablature? I mean slide,
hammer/pulloff, acciaccatura/appoggiatura..
As far as I can see, glissando (=slide) is supported. (of course, also
dead notes and palm mute).

What about the others?
For examples, I've tried the slurs to get hammer-on/pull-off but
nothing is shown on the tablature. I'm doing something wrong or this
feature is still missing?
I would guess the second, as I can't see any other effects in your
tablature-test.pdf...can you confirm it?

Yes, I simply made slurs invisible - we have to provide commands for
hammer-on/pull-off and bendings, but that seems to be more
complicated.

Anyway, thanks for your nice job! I'm very happy to have stumbled upon
this great software.
I should thank Tuxguitar version 1.1, whose double voicing support
encouraged me to leave some tab freeware/shareware and just use Free
Software.
I couldn't imagine Lilypond was so cool. A good tablature support
would be wonderful, I'll do my best to help testing..
Great! Welcome on board!

Marc
Cheers,

Federico