Re: Tempo mark alignment

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Tempo mark alignment
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 09:37:19 +0200

I totally agree, there is a problem with textual Tempo marks alignment.

I wanted to report this too, then I saw issues 684, 700 and now 712 reporting this, so I didn't. But since there are 3 unfixed issues reporting the same thing and since the first one is open for 8 months now, I allowed myself to bump this on lilypond-devel and bug-lilypond.

\tempo "text" should align on time-signature (at the beginning of the score). This is, to my opinion, the only and last "real" visual bug of lilypond compared to "professional-looking" scores. Other bugs are, according to me, more "occasional" and not "chronic" like this one.

You are considering this bug as "priority-medium". For me, simple user and for my usage of lilypond, it's a "priority-high" expectation to see this issue fixed.

Thanks a lot,

Xavier

PS : When I read this message again it looks a bit "offensive", this wasn't my goal. I really appreciate the work of every of you and I think lilypond is a extraordinary software making wonderful scores. So please forgive my rudeness, which is more a wish to see lilypond improved than an attack on people doing so a huge and great work. Thanks.

Jay Anderson a écrit :
Is there a good workaround for issue 712:
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=712>?

The quickest solution is to just use '\override Score.MetronomeMark
#'X-offset = #-10', but this is fragile. Is there a way to tell the
MetronomeMark to align to the bar?

This same issue exists for multi-measure rests (not just for church rests):
\version "2.12.2"
\paper { ragged-right = ##f }
\score {
  \new Staff {