Re: Tempo mark alignment

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Tempo mark alignment
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 19:32:32 +0200

2009/5/23 Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>:
> I totally agree, there is a problem with textual Tempo marks alignment.

Hi Xavier,
we do know about that.

Since Graham has already gone all Graham-ish, here's just an
additional, more "pedagogical" answer.

> I wanted to report this too, then I saw issues 684, 700 and now 712
> reporting this, so I didn't. But since there are 3 unfixed issues reporting
> the same thing and since the first one is open for 8 months now, I allowed
> myself to bump this on lilypond-devel and bug-lilypond.

Please, do not. Cross-posting does not help (if anything, it makes our
lists even messier).

There can be several reasons why a bug isn't solved; if you want to
raise the question, and possibly offer an additional bounty (which
will most likely not help), the place where you can do so is the
bug-lilypond mailing list. If you want someone to suggest a
workaround, lilypond-user will do the trick. If you are a developer or
have a concrete idea on how to solve the problem, then you may post on
lilypond-devel.

> You are considering this bug as "priority-medium". For me, simple user and
> for my usage of lilypond, it's a "priority-high" expectation to see this
> issue fixed.

This was a mistake I also made when I took over as Bug Meister. But
"high" actually means "urgent", and it's usually something that
prevents the program from working _at all_. I only mark something as
high-prio when I want our project leader Han-Wen, or one of the Big
Guys, to drop everything they were doing and have a look ASAP. This is
not the case here, no matter how annoying this bug can be (and I know
what you're talking about).

> PS : When I read this message again it looks a bit "offensive", this wasn't
> my goal. I really appreciate the work of every of you and I think lilypond
> is a extraordinary software making wonderful scores. So please forgive my
> rudeness, which is more a wish to see lilypond improved than an attack on
> people doing so a huge and great work. Thanks.

I do understand. As long as you understand why some of us (namely
Graham) use to address such questions the way they do :-)

Regards,
Valentin