Compilation Errors using Emacs lilypond-mode

From: weiss nicht
Subject: Compilation Errors using Emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:38:22 +0200

Hallo,
somehow things are more complicated in the lilypond/emacs world, even the newsgroups....

But anyway, although I already recieved helpfull tips from the list (thanks Peter Chubb!)
I still can't get started working with lilypond-mode since I don't understand the compilation process:

I have a latex document like this, named guitarbook.ly:
------------------------
\documentclass[a4paper]{scrbook}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}

\begin{document}
\author{Thomas}
\title{Guitarbook}
\maketitle{}
\tableofcontents{}

\chapter{Rhythm}
\label{cha:rhythm}

\begin[quote,fragment,staffsize=26]{lilypond}
c' d' e' f' g'2 g'2
\end{lilypond}

\part{Improvisation and Melody}
\label{part:improvisation-melody}

\end{document}
-------------------------------------
the lilypond section in my .emacs file looks like this:

(autoload 'LilyPond-mode "lilypond-mode")
(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/Programme/ GNU Emacs 22.3/site-lisp/tex-site.el")
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode))
(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode) auto-mode-alist))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.lytex$" . LilyPond-mode))
(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.lytex$" . LilyPond-mode) auto-mode-alist))

(add-hook 'LilyPond-mode-hook (lambda () (turn-on-font-lock)))

I want to use lilypond.book, so in the main menu I choose:
Command..Book

then I get:
....Compilation exited abnormally with code 2

When I try
Command..LilyPond
first, I get all kind of parsing errors because lilypond doesn't recognize the latex parts of the document.

What is the correct order of compilation commands for a latex/lilypond document, using lilypond book?
Are the errors I get due to wrong sequence of commands, or is there something wrong in the setup?

forgive me my basic questions, but somehow I'm stuck with this and I really would like to get started
in the faszinationg lilypond/emacs world
thomas

Mehr Sicherheit und Datenschutz - der neue Internet Explorer 8 für MSN Jetzt sofort kostenlos downloaden!