Tweaking end-of-line time signature?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Tweaking end-of-line time signature?
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:17:04 -0500

Hi,

Is there a way to tweak the visual appearance and position of an end-of-line time signature *without* affecting the following beginning-of-line time signature?

Here's what I've got so far:

%%% BEGIN %%

#(set-global-staff-size 14)

\layout {
   ragged-right = ##t
}

\new Staff {
   \set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 32)
   \time 4/4
   c'1
   \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'color = #red
   \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'extra-offset = #'(3 . 0)
   \time 7/8
   \break
   c'2..
}

The attached png shows that both the end-of-line and beginning-of-line time signatures are affected in this example.

Any ideas on how to affect only the end-of-line signature?

(Btw, what I'm really trying to do here is scoot end-of-line time signatures over to the right just enough so that they are outside the staff. The score I'm working on uses proportional notation and has some dense rhythms towards the end of certain measures. I'd like to be able to move EOL time signatures and thus 'reclaim' the entire rhythmic compass of the measure for small note values that come towards the end of the measure, rather than having a portion of the horizontal compass of the measure taken up by the time signature itself. The example here if, of course, a simplification.)

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača