Re: Line lengths in NR [was Petrucci-like spacing?]

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Line lengths in NR [was Petrucci-like spacing?]
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 00:24:24 -0700

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 07:51:22AM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Patrick McCarty wrote Monday, May 25, 2009 11:43 PM
>
>> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 03:26:42PM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:

>>> IIRC, if the line lengths for any <pre> section are too wide, IE
>>> recalculates the width of the div to accomodate the longest line on
>>> the page.  Other browsers don't behave this way (as far as I
>>> remember).
>>>
>>> I suspect the snippet "Non-default tuplet numbers" in the Tuplets
>>> section is the culprit.  If the values of #'text are moved to
>>> separate
>>> lines, that should solve the problem.
>>
>> And here is a patch.
>
> Patrick
>
> Many thanks, I'm sure your analysis is correct.  But like Carl I find
> the patch doesn't apply, although I didn't see his particular problems.
> (Your patch also has 4 lines with trailing white-space, but that's not
> the problem.)  Do you want to try again, or should I or Carl simply fix
> it ourselves now you've identified the cause?

Hmm, I can't figure this out.

I just applied my original patch to master (cleanly), and checked the
snippet (both in input/new and input/lsr) for trailing whitespace.
There was only one line with trailing whitespace.  Before applying the
patch, the two files still only containing one line with trailing
whitespace.

However, the *patch* contained trailing whitespace on some of the
empty lines as well, but it still applied cleanly for me.

Maybe this is a bug in "git format-patch" in my installed git verson
(1.6.3.1).  It seems odd that "git format-patch" would add trailing
whitespace.

I created a fresh patch and manually removed all of the trailing
whitespace from it, except for the one in the texidoc which I fixed.
Let me know if this one works.

Thanks,
Patrick