Re: Four bars per line

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Four bars per line
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:46:12 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kjetil Rossavik" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:23 AM

-Eluze <eluzew <at> gmail.com> writes:

Kjetil Rossavik wrote:

> How do I get Lilypond to lay out my music with 4 bars per line?

you can add a voice with spacers and breaks, see

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Using-an-extra-
voice-for-breaks#Using-an-extra-voice-for-breaks
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Using-an-extra-
voice-for-breaks#Using-an-extra-voice-for-breaks

Thanks,
I did this:

<<
  \repeat unfold 6 {
        s1 \noBreak s1 \noBreak
        s1 \noBreak s1 \break }
  \acc
  \relative c' { \mus }

And that almost works... I get 4 bars/line, but I also get an empty stave above
mine... Any pointers? (I'm on \version "2.10.33")

You need to add it as a parallel Voice *within*
the existing Staff block.  Perhaps you are not
specifying the Staff and Voices explicitly? You
need to in this case.

Trevor