Re: Line lengths in NR [was Petrucci-like spacing?]

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Line lengths in NR [was Petrucci-like spacing?]
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 04:15:51 -0700

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:41:17AM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Patrick McCarty wrote Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:24 AM
>

>> I created a fresh patch and manually removed all of the trailing
>> whitespace from it, except for the one in the texidoc which I fixed.
>> Let me know if this one works.
>
> 'Fraid it doesn't.  This one fails with "fatal: corrupt patch at line
> 11".
> This is the usual effect of editing a patch file manually.
>
> I've looked again more closely at your original patch.  The reason
> it fails to apply is that line 45 in the existing version of
> /input/lsr/non-default-tuplet-numbers.ly has no trailing space (actually
> it's just a single blank line), but your patch attempts to match it with
> a line containing a single space.  The same is true of line 13 in
> /input/new/non-default-tuplet-numbers.ly.  There may be more; I
> think git am reports just the first one in each file.
>
> When I edit files from git I make sure there are no trailing spaces
> by setting my editor to remove them automatically.

I have no idea what to do.

I find it *very* strange that both patches I sent apply fine with "git
am" for me (and Francisco) but not for you.

Are you using Git 1.5.* ?  Maybe Git 1.6.* adds the extra spaces with
"git format-patch" and Git 1.5.* can't handle it.

I double checked that the snippet files had no trailing spaces.

In the mean time, if you just want to commit the patch without using
"git am", that's fine with me.

Thanks,
Patrick