Re: [ANN] Frescobaldi 0.7.9

From: Stephen Corey
Subject: Re: [ANN] Frescobaldi 0.7.9
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:36:24 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I was needing to do a reinstall of Jaunty, so decided to try and see if I
could get Frescobaldi installed also.  Ran into KDE dependency problems,
so went ahead and did a full install of KDE.  Then installed 0.7.8 from
the Jaunty package on the website.  From there I was able to compile
0.7.9 without any difficulty.

Also got Rumor working by following instructions in the README file
rather than the INSTALL file.  Had to install automake and some guile dev
and script packages to get it to compile.  Have been playing around with
it for several hours now and it seems quite stable.

Thanks for the bugfix.  I liked it before but had to stop using it due to
the random crashes.  One request, should you have the opportunity, is for
an easier way to switch between open files.  I often keep 2-3 files open
at once and the current method for switching between them is awkward.
Something like the function of the BufferTabs plugin in jEdit would be
awesome.  In any case, thanks much for all your efforts.

Stephen Corey
Roseville, California