Re: debian and lilypond 2.12

From: rosea grammostola
Subject: Re: debian and lilypond 2.12
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:11:05 +0200

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Johannes Schöpfer <address@hidden> wrote:
    > hi,
    > we really need to get 2.12 into debian asap
    > it seems that the maintainer is too busy with other stuff at the
   moment as
    > it seems that all threads re this on debian maintainer page have
   gone dead.
    > perhaps someone else can do a non-maintainer upload? i'm not sure
   about the
    > ettiquette or debian policy on this exactly but maybe its time to
   start
    > looking in to that - i dont want to hassle thomas in cc  if he is
   busy but
    > i belive he is on this list - any suggestions?

   Kubuntu has 2.12.1 packages, so they might be a good starting point...

Could someone fix Lilypond in Debian. There are also some people busy with packaging Frescobaldi for Debian, but it isn't possible to upload it without having Lilypond fixed and updated to the recent stable version.

Hi,

I've build a package for Debian Lenny:
http://schoepfer.info/lilypond/lilypond_2.12.2-1_i386.deb

It is not testet very well, any suggestions to improve the package are welcome:)
This package is not splitted like the official lilypond packages in Debian/Ubuntu, everything coming from "make all" is inside.
I think splitting makes sense if there is a debian-package-repository to get everything with aptitude, but i will split it if someone needs that.

Thanks but this didn t solve the Debian lilypond problem... It needs an active maintainer...

\r