Re: good free midi player?

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: good free midi player?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 11:56:14 -0700

> Does anybody know any good free midi player for windows?
> I mean so that intrument sounds are like the real instruments, not an
> awful output.
>
> Frédéric

I recommend Timidity, which is available for Windows as well as Linux. You can choose the sound font which supplies the different instrument sounds and some of them sound quite good. I think the Merlin sound font is one you should try. Sorry, I don't have a link. Try googling for it. That was how I found it IIRC.