Re: Tempo mark alignment

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Tempo mark alignment
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:01:16 +0100

2009/5/24 Jay Anderson <address@hidden>:

> What are the issues with Neil's patch? I've been playing around with
> it and it seems to do what I want. Well, it's a similar patch really
> (see attached).

With your amended patch, it's no longer possible to align tempo marks
to note columns; they behave just like rehearsal marks.

> How often is a situation like this encountered (not that I really
> understand what it means)? The most common usage (tempo mark on the
> bar) works fine.Perhaps if it can't be worked out we could create a
> patch that works in 99% of cases and leave an enhancement open to work
> on the other cases later.

Adding the context property to switch between the two alignments was a
quick hack with a serious limitation: if set to align with note
columns, tempo marks disappear completely when attached to
multi-measure rests.

A proper solution should be able to determine automatically when to
attach the tempo mark to prefatory material (favouring time
signatures) or note columns.

Regards,
Neil