Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:05:28 +0200

Carl D. Sorensen schrieb:
[...]

Here's one way to do it:

deadNote =
#(define-music-function (parser location note) (ly:music?)
    (set! (ly:music-property note 'tweaks)
          (acons 'stencil ly:note-head::print
           (acons 'glyph-name "2cross"
            (acons 'style 'special (ly:music-property note 'tweaks)))))
    note)

{
  <f\4 \deadNote f'\1>
}

There is some drawback/difference: the crosses are drawn without
whiteout, so they look different. Is there a way to change this?
Marc, feel free to add this to tablature.ly if you want to.
How should we call this? It should be clear that
\deadNotes works as expected, and the new function is meant
to be used inside chord constructs  only.
\chordNoteDeadNote sounds a bit strange ...

The matching case for \palmMute, namely
\chordNotePalmMute seems to be ok for me.

Or just simply use \chordDeadNote /  \chordPalmMute ?

Marc

PNG image