Re: [Issue?] hiding Accidental(s) on tied note(s) after a line break

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Issue?] hiding Accidental(s) on tied note(s) after a line break
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 11:37:26 +0200

Joe Neeman <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> p.s. Despite [As a result of?] banging my head against this
>> particular wall, I think I learned a little about Scheme +
>> Lilypond... that's some consolation!  =)
>
> If it's any additional consolation, your approach would have been
> perfectly ok were it not for the idiosyncrasies of Accidental.

Wouldn't it make more sense then first to apply his approach, and then
make sure that it actually works as intended?

It would appear to me that this would cause fewer surprises and
maintenance headaches in future.

It would appear that his approach was foiled by kinks in the current
implementation, and the long-term solution should prefer getting rid of
kinks rather than adding new ones.

Note that I don't have any actual knowledge of the code: it is just that
this conversation sets off my alarm bells.

--
David Kastrup