Re: Mac OS X LilyPond & Terminal install problems.

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Mac OS X LilyPond & Terminal install problems.
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 08:35:53 +0200

If you're absolutely brand new to lilypond, using the terminal may not be the best solution. Unless you are very familiar with terminal applications, in which case, I would suggest the instructions in the documentation at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Setup-for-MacOS-X#Setup-for-MacOS-X for setting up lilypond, otherwise, I would suggest that as a completely new person to lilypond, you start with jedit and lilypondtool. It's probably more along the lines of what you're looking for. More information can be found here: http://lilypondtool.organum.hu/

Also, I would suggest starting reading the learning manual, it's designed as a do-it-yourself course in how lilypond works, and how to typeset your music with lilypond.

Good luck!