Re: dodecaphonic accidentals for all staves

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: dodecaphonic accidentals for all staves
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:57:16 +0100

2009/6/6 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>:
> Dear community,
> how can I define webern-style accidentals for all staves in a score in the
> layout-block?
> I tried it with
> \version "2.13.0"
> \layout { \context { \Staff  #(set-accidental-style 'dodecaphonic) } }

When you invoke set-accidental-style, it sets the following context properties:

extraNatural
autoAccidentals
autoCautionaries

You need to find out how these are set for your chosen accidental
style by checking the definition of set-accidental-style in
scm/music-functions.scm.

Here's the code for 'dodecaphonic:

1250       ((equal? style 'dodecaphonic)
1251        (set-accidentals-properties #f
1252                                    `(Staff ,(lambda (c p bn mp)
'(#f . #t)))
1253                                    '()

Applying these settings in a \layout block you have the following:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    extraNatural = ##f
    autoAccidentals = #`(Staff ,(lambda (c p bn mp) '(#f . #t)))
    autoCautionaries = #'()

I'll add an LSR snippet demonstrating this which we can add to the
docs, since it's by no means straightforward to work out.

Regards,
Neil