Re: Notation Editor with MIDI

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Notation Editor with MIDI
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:16:52 +0200

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 08:09:45AM +0200, Helge Kruse wrote:

> I would install ubuntu x.xx when you have ported i.e.
>  Platform Builder 6.0
>  The Nokia PC Suite
>  Skype
> to ubuntu. Please keep in mind: Despite Lilypond is a great software, a
> lot of readers use the PC also for other tasks than generating fine
> scores or MIDI files.

Many people have solved this issue by installing a dual-boot system.
BTW: skype is available for Ubuntu also, and for connecting my Nokia
phone to Linux I'm using gammu and gnokii.

On the other hand, MuseScore, Lilypond, and Rosegarden are also
available for Windows. Frescobaldi has a good alternative for Windows
with Lilypondtool+jEdit. And if you don't mind waisting 10 dollar you
could download and install Finale Notepad. But you don't want that after
you have worked with Lilypond for some time ;-)

--

Martin