Re: Trouble with convert-ly

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: Trouble with convert-ly
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:48:52 +0200

Look into the jedit plugin options, where convert-ly's name is set.

Father Gordon Gilbert wrote:
Hi all,

I've recently installed jEdit 4.3 pre16 on my Ubuntu Jaunty, after a lot of trouble  and most ably helped by Bertalan.  When I first tried, I had to change the location of the program from a Windoze-type location with '\', but it now works.

But now I find that while I can compile a file successfully, I cannot convert-ly.  When I try, I get the following:

LilyPond ready.
convert-ly.py --edit "/home/fgg/Desktop/LilyPondFiles/For All the Saints.ly"
/usr/bin/python: can't open file '/usr/bin/convert-ly.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Processing time: 0 seconds

It's not too bad with this particular file, which is 2.11.x, but many of my files are now quite old (2.2.x -> 2.7.x), and I'd like to update them.

Any ideas?

Gordon+

--
Fr. Gordon Gilbert