Re: Different colours in a single word

From: Jayaratna
Subject: Re: Different colours in a single word
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:25:51 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

first of all thenk you for your fantastic supprt. I found the problem, which
was in one of the subfiles (I forgot to type a " at the end of a markup
:blush:)

Trevor, you are certainly right, I don't do a good outlining of my files.
Usually I don't modify the header, and when I do I prefer to comment out
whole lines, that's why many times there's confusion with { }. In the
previous case I also noticed a } lacked, but it was commented out and I did
not care.

Now all works fine, but when I uncomment the line

     tagline = \markup \concat { "A******* M***** "    \with-color #red "M"
"vsicvs P******* C*******"  }

I get the following error:

score.ly:38:23: error: stringa di escape sconosciuta: `\concat'
     tagline = \markup
                                \concat { "A******* M***** "    \with-color
#red "M" "vsicvs P******* C*******"  }

it's in italian (version 2.10.33) I hope my translation is good. It looks
like it does not understand the command \concat it says error: unknown
escape string: '\concat'

Thank you very much,
Andrea