Re: Improvisor lilypond support!?

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: Improvisor lilypond support!?
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 00:06:25 +0200

Robert Keller wrote:

On Jun 11, 2009, at 5:19 AM, Grammostola Rosea wrote:

lasconic wrote:
I took some time yesterday night to take a look to improvisor code and
estimate the cost of adding musicXML export. Import is indeed more
complicated.
I downloaded the code of improvisor 3.39. It's the last and only code
available. Improvisor inner model is a little bit different than musicXML one. Common practice in musicXML is to don't "time" the chords and put them in the middle of notes. At least, this is my experience with finale musicXML export features. I managed to make a quick and dirty prototype to export a simple melody (no tuplet) and chord root and bass (no extension yet). Chords are in between notes but lily+musicML2ly shoud be able to deal with it. Unfortunately, 3.39 is an old version, and according to Bob Keller the code base changed a lot but it's not public yet. With some more voices, perhaps we can convince Bob Keller and his team to open up the repository to the public. After all, improvisor is a fine piece of software which can benefit from open development, moreover if time and
resources are an issue.

Lasconic

Thanks man. I'll forward this to Bob Keller too.
I think he mentioned in a message that he is willing to give developers svn access to the recent code.

Bob, could you comment on this?

Kind regards,

\r

I'll be looking toward moving Impro-Visor to a public repository, as soon as I stabilize the current version, which I hope will be before the end of June.
Ah that's good news. Thanks.

Is SourceForge the best bet?

I think SourceForge is good, but others might think different (I have little experience with it myself, others?)

Let us know when it's up there.

Kind regards

\r