Re: G_8 not complete in a small eps file

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: G_8 not complete in a small eps file
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

Graham Percival-3 wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 03:15:15PM -0700, -Eluze wrote:
>> Graham Percival-3 wrote:
>> > Note to other people who answer such emails:
>> > let's not suggest that new users try the devel releases.
>> >
>> yes, i am one of those people who answer such emails, and i suggested to
>> use
>> a newer version!
>> anything wrong about that?
>
> 2.13 is the development release, not the stable release.  The
> syntax may change, and additional bugs may be introduced.  This
> can be particularly confusing for new users -- if anything
> changes, best to have it happen all at once between 2.12.x and
> 2.14.0, instead of spread throughout the 2.13 versions.
>
> That's why I suggest that normal users stick to the stable
> version.
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

when i suggested to use a newer version i did not mean it has to be an
unstable version

in any case i believe that most lilypond users are able to take the risk -
or to decline it - of an instable release

speaking of the diagnostic process: if you hear something works under
specific circumstances you can narrow the search area - isn't that why you
are talking to others?