Re: going to the next level

From: Matt Boersma
Subject: Re: going to the next level
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:06:23 -0600

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Daniel Hulme<address@hidden> wrote:
> I've uploaded my flam functions to LSR as snippet 566, and it's awaiting
> approval. My functions include \flam, \drag, and \ruff and can be
> attached to any drum note.

I hunted around and found this snippet--thanks again, Daniel.

I think I found a bug when doing a flam on a 16th note--the slash
through the stem is repeated again on the main note.  Here's a measure
Dave Grohl plays in "Hey, Johnny Park!" by Foo Fighters for example:

\score {
  \new DrumStaff
  <<
    \new DrumVoice \drummode {  \stemUp
      cymc8[ cymc16 sn cymc8 cymc] r16 \flam sn \flam sn s \flam sn s
\flam sn \flam sn |
    }
    \new DrumVoice \drummode { \stemDown
      bd8 s s16 bd bd s8 s16 s bd s bd s s |

I attached a complete example that with lilypond 2.12.2 shows the
problem on the snare flam that isn't beamed.