Re: Some mroe problems with figured bass and extenders

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Some mroe problems with figured bass and extenders
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:01:15 -0500

Jonathan Kulp wrote:
Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Now that I have solved my first two problems, I'm now running into two other problems:

1) If I use extender lines and subsequent figures add new numbers (like for example <_+>4 <9 7_+>), then the extender line will always be on top of the new figures, which is wrong. In this case, the order (from top to bottom) should be 9, 7, extender for the #. Sample is attached.

I found it! It took a while but I made it work by adding this "stacking-dir" command:

\override Staff.BassFigureAlignment #'stacking-dir = #'1

So the whole variable looks like this:

fb = \figuremode {
  \override Staff.BassFigureAlignment #'stacking-dir = #'1
  \bassFigureExtendersOn
% Question 6: With extenders, subsequent new numbers always appear below existing numbers, which is wrong:
  < _+>2 <9 7 _+>
}

Doh! I just realized that this also reversed the order of the 7 and the 9. I guess that's not the solution after all. :(

Jon

OK I really have it this time. It was trial-and-error, really, but this code puts the # with extenders on the bottom, and the 9 and 7 are still in the right order. I did it by re-ordering the _+, 7 and 9 in the 2nd figure.

Jon

fb = \figuremode {
\bassFigureExtendersOn
\override Staff.BassFigureAlignment #'stacking-dir = #'1

Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com