Re: Tie at the beginning of the piece

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Tie at the beginning of the piece
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:12:16 +0200

You can use the \repeatTie command to get the connecting tie before the first note, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Long-repeats#Normal-repeats

In this particular situation, it might also make sense to add invisible notes before and after the snippet and use ordinary ties, see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Inside-the-staff#Hidden-notes
This would probably make it easier to adjust the length of the ties.

  /Mats

Alexandros Droseltis wrote:
Hello!

I try to typeset a fragment-example which does not start at the
beginning of a piece. I want to show, that there are ties that connect
the example to the previous and to the next notes in the piece. That is,
I want something like (this is a minimal example. The ~ causes error, it
is put here to demonstrate what is wanted):

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.13.1"
\layout {
\context{
\Staff
\remove Time_signature_engraver
\score{
\new Staff\relative c'{
\set Score.currentBarNumber = #29
\bar ""
~ c4 g'2.\laissezVibrer

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

How could I make the beginning tie appear? How could I make the
laissezVibrer tie longer?
Using LilyPond 2.13.1.

Thanks for any help!

Alexandros