Re: How To Display Cues

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How To Display Cues
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:54:06 +0200

Read in http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Inside-the-staff#Selecting-notation-font-size for information on how to change the size of the notes. However, LilyPond also has built-in support specifically for cue notes, so that you don't even need to repeat the music if you already have it in another part, see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Writing-parts#Formatting-cue-notes

   /Mats

Amiable wrote:
Hi,  -  I'm new to this forum and Lilypond.   Having completely converted to
Linux Fedora now that there are no more reasons to be running a Windows OS. The last obstacle was finding a replacement for Finale. My use of
Lilypond will be mainly transcription/transposition.   Can anyone suggest an
easy way to display cues ?  The three bars below I'd like to be cues for
another instrument.   In Finale, all I did was reduce the note size 50 or 60
percent.   Is there a simple way to do this in Lilypond ?
e8-.\pp ^\markup { { Corno I Solo. } } e-. e4-. f2->
        e8-. e-. e4-. a2-> (  gis4) r4 r2

Regards,
RDL

        Mats Bengtsson