Lilypond on Mac with TexShop

From: randy smith
Subject: Lilypond on Mac with TexShop
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:22:03 +0000 (UTC)

I have recently begun using LilyPond on my new Mac Pro (after having
successfully completed a number of small .ly projects on my PC laptop).
I have done the following, but cannot get my .ly files to Typeset/compile
at all:

0) I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.7 on a brand new Mac Pro.
1.0) I downloaded the most recent version of TexShop (2.26 from
http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.zip).
1.1) I downloaded lilypond-2.12.2-1.darwin-x86.tar.bz2.tar from
http://ivo.bouwmans.name/lilypondleopard/ and double-clicked it to
install.
2) I dragged the LilyPond app to my Applications folder
3) I created the LilyPond.engine file and put it in the ~/TexShop/Engines
folder as instructed.  I also made it executable (in Terminal) with
chmod +x LilyPond.engine.  The .engine file contains the following:
   #!/bin/tcsh
   set path= ($path /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin)
lilypond --pdf "$1"
4) I opened a simple, existing .ly file I'd ported from my PC laptop in
TexShop and chose LilyPond from the Engines drop-down.
5) I clicked the Typeset button.

After doing the above, a separate "console" window opened up (in
TexShop) with "GoTo", "Abort" and "Trash Aux Files" buttons, as well
as two text boxes: "Tex Messages" and "Tex Input".  Nothing else
happened.  No PDF, no MIDI files opened...

Also, when Lilypond opened, there was a single LilyPond menu with no
items and the only way I was able to close the app was via Force Quit.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Randy