Re: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:09:39 +0200

Federico Bruni wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to export a lilypond score to MIDI (then I want to import it in TuxGuitar).
I have 2 problems:

Just a quick explanation.
I know it may seem weird exporting from Lilypond to TuxGuitar (most of people is interested about the other way around, from .tg 2 .ly).

But I've just happened to need to open this score in TuxGuitar.

Also, there is a third problem I forgot to mention:

3. the MIDI output is polyphonic according to timidity (I think, see below), but not when I import it in TuxGuitar:

Playing Guitar/Tablature/Bach/bourree.midi
MIDI file: Guitar/Tablature/Bach/bourree.midi
Format: 1  Tracks: 2  Divisions: 384
Sequence: control track
Text: creator:
Text: GNU LilyPond 2.13.0
Track name: guitar
Instrument: acoustic guitar (steel)

If I set a channel per voice in the MIDI output, I get a two track file in TuxGuitar. But I want one tab, not two...

I guess I'd better write it from scratch..but I'd like to try some smart solutions before giving up :-)
If you have hints, please share it.

Thanks!