Re: SacredHarpHeads: possible solution to major/minor problem

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: SacredHarpHeads: possible solution to major/minor problem
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:10:40 -0500

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

I haven't been following this thread, but...
Why don't you set the key signature to one thing, but override the KeySignature #'stencil to say another? Wouldn't that be the easiest way to have a "global non-notated accidental contradiction"?

Actually, Kieren, this might work after all. For D minor, for example, use "\key f \lydian", which from my test gives the same shapes as f major, and then override the key signature stencil to have one flat.

Exactly.  =)
Looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

I can't figure out how to override the stencil. I've been banging my head against it for half an hour and I give up. Here's the basic structure of my failed override:

\override Staff.keySignature #'stencil = #ly:key-signature-interface::print

But then I just get errors and failures no matter what I put after that. I can't find an example anywhere showing a keysignature stencil override. Can someone show me the hocus-pocus for this?

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com