Re: Can't Change Line Width

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Can't Change Line Width
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 00:02:44 -0400

Hi David,

I have a template that I use for setting the weekly Psalm antiphons - a single line melody with lyrics on letter size paper in landscape mode. It has always worked fine. Recently I upgraded Lilypond to 2.12 (on Windows). Now the width of the line is less than half the width of the page, causing the layout to be crowded, horizontally. It readable, but not easily.

I believe v2.12 was when the default changed for ragged-right on single-line scores -- to fix this issue, add the line

    ragged-right = ##f

to your \paper block.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.