Re: Compiling on MAC OS X 10.5.7

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Compiling on MAC OS X 10.5.7
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:21:01 -0700

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 09:08:11AM +0700, Simon Mackenzie wrote:

>> What are the errors reported by the compiler?  And why not use the
>> precompiled binary?
>
> The precompiled version 2.12.2 does not seem to have any menu I can
> access to compile lilypond scripts as instructed in the opening editor
> script. I.e. the only thing that appears in the menu bar is the LilyPond
> menu item, no compile menu item.

Compiling from scratch will do nothing about this; compiling from
scratch will just give you the command-line app that already works
as part of the precompiled binaries.

If you're seriously interested in fixing this, search the -devel
mailist for the numerous discussions about what Apple broke in
10.5.  But if you're not prepared to do a fair amount of low-level
hacking in python and OSX packages, then I highly advise you to
either use the command-line version, or use jedit (lilypondtool, I
think it's called?)

Cheers,
- Graham