Re: getting rid of ' and , in older scores

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: getting rid of ' and , in older scores
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 05:58:00 +0000

jEdit, or any decent editor for that matter, has a 'search/replace' function. Can't you simply search for ' and , and replace with <nothing>? This would cost you a few seconds per file. I imagine that you could also use sed to do this even faster.

-David

Father Gordon Gilbert wrote:
Hi all,

I've quite a number of older scores I've worked on over the years, starting
with version 2.2.0 (and some from Mutopia even older than that.  I have
successfully used convert-ly on them to bring syntax up-to-date.  But I did
many of them before \relative was as easy-to-use as it is now -- even just
using ' and '' and , and ,, to indicate octave ranges.

I'd like to put \relative at the top of all my part sections, and delete all
the octave markers.  Is there any *elegant* way to go through these scores
and eliminate all of the ' and , without deleting each and every one?

I'm using LilyPond 2.12.1 on either Windows XP Home or Ubuntu Jaunty, with
jEdit 4.3pre16 and LilyPondTool.

I always appreciate the valuable advice see on this list.

Blessings,

Gordon+