Re: Markup with multi-measure rests

From: David H
Subject: Re: Markup with multi-measure rests
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 05:02:30 -0700 (PDT)

The second example can easily be modified to get what you want.
Just add \fatText before the first spacer note.

   /Mats

\fatText has now been replaced (V2.12.0) with \textLengthOn
But it doesn't solve the problem completely

I have a multi-voice orchestral piece, needing tempo markings at various
points through the score, so I have put these in a separate voice containing
spacer rests, which is then combined with each of the instruments in turn to
print out their parts.

If the instrument has a multi-measure rest coinciding with the tempo
marking, then everything works fine.  But if the instrument has notes, these
are spaced out unacceptably.  See below.  I can't use textLengthOn and Off
in the 'tempos' voice, because some instruments will be playing at a
particular point, while others will not be.

Is there some way to have \textLengthOn apply only to multi-measure rests ?
And it would be good if I could get the rehearsal marks all printed at the
same vertical height as well

\version "2.12.0"
notes =  \relative c'' {
        R1*3/4*3
        c2. d2. e 2.
        R1*3/4*6
        c2. d2. f2.
}

tempos =  {
        \set Score.skipBars = ##t
        \time 3/4
        \textLengthOn
        s2.*0^\markup {fast}

        s2.*3\mark \default s2.*0^\markup {a bit faster by bar 4}

        s2.*3\mark \default s2.*0^\markup {really fast at bar 7}

        s2.*3\mark \default

        s2.*3\mark \default
}

\score {