Re: new website: initial comments

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new website: initial comments
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:14:46 -0700

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 08:41:00PM +0200, Ivo Bouwmans wrote:
> On the Mac OS X page a ref is asking to be fixed. You could link to the
> page that I maintain for Mac users
> (www.ivo.bouwmans.name/lilypondleopard), which lists various ways to use
> LP on Mac, and links to sites like that of LilyPondTool.
>
> If you prefer not to link to an external site, I could put the info on
> the new LP site later, and maintain that. In the meantime, a link could
> help.

I would rather not link to an external site, but I haven't decided
where to put this info -- it might go lower on this page, or it
might be an different page.  If it's on a different page, then I
need to consider how that would fit in with the overall menu
structure.

> You could consider not mentioning that the menus "no longer function" on
> Mac.

Well, I wanted to make the point that it still works in 10.3 and
10.4.  Of course, if Christian's efforts work on 10.5, then such
warnings (and your page) may no longer be necessary!  It would be
awesome if 2.14 could include out-of-the-box GUIs on 10.5.

Cheers,
- Graham