Re: MacOS X 10.5 GUI

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: MacOS X 10.5 GUI
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:45:21 -0700

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Graham
Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:47:05PM +0200, James E. Bailey wrote:
>>
>> On 23.06.2009, at 21:57, Christian Hitz wrote:
>>
>>     So here is my second attempt. Download at
>>
>>     www.klarinett.li/LilyPond.zip
>>
>>     As before, the LilyPond binaries are not included so run
>>     with:
>>
>>     $ LILYPOND_DEBUG_APPDIR=/path/to/LilyPond.app open
>>     LilyPond.app
>>
>> Wow, works on my 10.4.11. It even gets convert-ly to run
>> properly, something that the distributed LilyPond binary does
>> not do.
>
> Works here on 10.4 as well, although I didn't test convert-ly.
> Hopefully people on 10.5 will test it soon.  :)

The GUI works fine for me on 10.5.  I put the libs and binaries from
2.12.1 inside LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/, and LilyPond works
fine here too.

Testing convert-ly gives the same error message as James posted here:

I tried changed the first line of convert-ly from

#!/usr/bin/python

#!/usr/bin/env python

but this had no effect.  As also noted by James, convert-ly works fine
from the command-line.

HTH,
Patrick