Re: new website: initial comments

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new website: initial comments
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 01:33:11 -0700

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:11:41AM +0200, Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:
> I almost would suggest to put this crash course on the home page via a Flash
> animation: 4 slides:

The only reason why flash deserves to exist is so that you can
play tower defense games.  Other than that, it should die an
unmerciful death and never be mentioned in the same sentence as
"web" or "home page".  :)

It's always tricky finding a balance between appealing to users
and warning them about the text.  I'm not going to claim that the
balance in the new website is perfect, but I think it's worth
trying.  Let's try it for a few months; if we still have new users
sending bug reports about having no menus or toolbars (also
assuming that lilypad in 10.5 is fixed :)  , then we'll revisit
the webpage design.

Cheers,
- Graham