trouble with alternatives in repeats

From: C.Flothow
Subject: trouble with alternatives in repeats
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:38:40 +0200

Can anyone explain (and possibly help with) the following behavior of repeat with alternatives:

If I use the snippet as it stands everything looks fine.
But if I add the original appoggiaturas then everything goes to pieces.
Even one such spells trouble.

Thanks
Chris

\version "2.12.2"

staffCello = \new Staff
        {\time 3/8
        \clef G
        \relative c' {
            \repeat volta 2{
            d4.}
                \alternative{
                        {%\appoggiatura d         % the appoggiatura spells
trouble
                         c4 r8|}
                        {%\appoggiatura d        % both appoggiaturas together:
more trouble
                        e4 r8|}
                }
                \repeat volta 2{