Re: new website: initial comments

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: new website: initial comments
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:26:27 +0200

2009/6/25 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:
> I cannot really recall having seen "About" as a main link on any other
> product web page
> (it's rather used in Help menus of different programs if you want to check
> what version you
> have installed). So, it's probably not so obvious for most readers what to
> expect to see when you
> click on About.

On the contrary, I do like to have an "about" link on the homepage,
for instance most community-driven distributions websites do have a
visible "about" item:
http://www.frugalware.org/
http://www.linuxmint.com/
http://www.pcbsd.org/
http://www.haiku-os.org/
http://www.syllable.org/

(of course, this is just plain nitpicking :-)

Regards,
Valentin