Re: MacOS X 10.5 GUI

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: MacOS X 10.5 GUI
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:41:42 +0200

On 26.06.2009, at 22:25, Patrick McCarty wrote:

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Christian Hitz<address@hidden> wrote:

Am 24.06.2009 um 09:24 schrieb Patrick McCarty:

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 05:40:59AM +0200, James E. Bailey wrote:

Granted, I'm on 10.4, but I've never had the "could not find platform…"
or "Consider setting $PYTHONHOME…" error messages. Also, what's with the
LilyPond.app/Contents/MacOS/python ? you have a python there?

Yes, there is a "python" executable in both the tarball and the latest
zipped LilyPond.app Christian sent to the list.

Yes, the app should be completely independent of the installed Python
version.

I have created a new version that should fix the convert-ly problem.
When calling from within the GUI application the included interpreter
is used. This should avoid the version mix-up.

www.klarinett.li/LilyPond.zip

Works great on Leopard!  The convert-ly problem is fixed too.

As before, the LilyPond binaries are not included so run with:

$ LILYPOND_DEBUG_APPDIR=/path/to/LilyPond.app open LilyPond.app

I missed this before, so thanks for the reminder.

-Patrick

Again, both work here on 10.4.11

James E. Bailey