Re: Looking for Time signature tweak

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Looking for Time signature tweak
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 14:35:53 +0200

Am Samstag, 27. Juni 2009 12:56:28 schrieb Villum Sejersen:
>  Sorry if my phrasing the question has been unsatisfactory.
>
>  You have already seen the only relevant parts of my input-code:
>
>  \time 6/4 ... \time 7/4 ... \time 3/4 ... \time 6/4 ... \time 7/4 ...
> \time 6/4 ...

What David actually meant is that the chance to get a satisfactory answer is
to attach a FULL lilypond example, which anyone willing to help can simply
copy and run through lilypond. Otherwise, we'll have to type everything from
scratch, so the barrier to help you is a lot higher.

You shouldn't produce the whole score, but rather a stripped-down example that
only shows what you want (or rather the current situation that you have, from
which we can start twearking). In your case, such a minimal example would have
been something like:

\version "2.13.2"

\relative c'' {
  \time 3/4
  c4 c c
  \time 2/4
  c c
  \time 3/4
  c c c
  \time 2/4
  c c
  \time 5/4
  c c c c c
  \time 2/4
  c c
}

It might sound trivial, since everyone can probably write this following your
explanation, but it requires some time doing this obvious task. Now, if you
don't provide such an example, this gives the impression that you want our
help but are not willing to invest enough time to make it easty for us to help
you.

Anyway, I suppose what you are after is the following override:
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'single-digit

Since I haven't found anything in the documentation and in the LSR, I created
a sample snippet and posted it to the LSR:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=609

Can this snippet be added to the documentation about time signatures
(currently, the only mention of single-digit is in the section about mensural
time signatures!)

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886