Re: new website: draft 3

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: new website: draft 3
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:51:04 +0200 (CEST)

>> I think there is obviously far too much white space, also the same
>> on the Downloads page.
>
> I disagree and find that most web pages have too much stuff crammed
> into them, usually so much that it's hard to find the information
> one is looking for.

Yeah.  My solution is to heavily increase the font size (but not the
size of the images) so that I can comfortably read the text.  In many
cases, this quickly exposes severe design flaws of many HTML pages
since the creators don't take care of this situation.

> I thing it's also important to minimize the use of Javascript
> (unless you're doing Ajax), drop-down menus, etc.

Perhaps as minimal as, say, in Wikipedia.  In particular I very much
like the design of http://de.wikipedia.org.

    Werner