Re: new website: draft 3

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: new website: draft 3
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:04:40 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Thursday, July 02, 2009 9:27 AM

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 10:22:11AM +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Do you mean into the current LM 5.2 "When thing's don't work" or
somewhere else? If you prefer to rename the FAQ (or rather the section on common mistakes of the FAQ) into "When things go wrong", I'd claim
that it's still a FAQ.

My understanding of a FAQ is that it would include any frequently
asked question.  So things like like "how does \relative work?" or
"does it run on windows?" would qualify, if those were being
asked.

My understanding of "LM 5.2 When things don't work" is that it
would include tips on finding and fixing problems in lilypond
files: add bar lines, try commenting out sections, and recognizing
odd error messages.

That's my intention.  I've two things to add
right away: music running over the right margin
and the obscure errors apparently in ly/init.ly
due to a missing final brace (until someone
adds a canary).  Any others?

There are lots of other obscure error messages
in the sources, but I don't intend adding these
unless a user has asked about them - most of
them will never occur in practice.

Trevor