Re: website draft 4, help wanted

From: chip
Subject: Re: website draft 4, help wanted
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 18:23:10 -0700

I posted my previous message before you posted yours.

Generally speaking, when it comes to Windows documentation - it is almost always dummy proof. Showing every step one might come across during the process. It applies to XP as that is what I use, should apply equally to NT and 2000. Never seen ME, does anyone actually use it? Vista has the same steps but a different control panel. I don't have a Vista machine to get the exact steps.
Regards,
Chip

Graham Percival wrote:
Thanks!

I added this to the page, but are you certain you need all those
steps, and/or are you certain the explanation needs to be as
verbose as it is?  I would expect most windows users to be
familiar with things like accepting a license agreement or
clicking the Next button.

Also, is the first step true for all of ME, NT, 2000, XP, and
Vista?

Cheers,
- Graham