Re: Overriding NoteHead stencil in a chord produces unwanted X offset

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Overriding NoteHead stencil in a chord produces unwanted X offset
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 09:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mike Solomon wrote:
> \relative  c' {
>   <<
>      { <c g''>1 }
>      { \override Stem #'transparent = ##t c'4 }
>   >>
> }
>
> You'll see that the middle notehead of the above-chord is too far
> to the right....
> Is there anything you'd recommend that'll get this quarter note
> flush with the whole notes?

I'll help you, but I need to understand better what you want.

1) Why do you want the quarter-note stem removed?
2) The quarter-note is already "flush" with (the right side of) the
   whole notes in the last example. Do you want it centered? Why?

The reason I'm asking these questions is because I need to make
sure you're not casually violating standard engraving without good
reason. I don't mean to be annoying! It may also help if you post
a full measure so I can see the musical context.

Thanks.
- Mark