Re: website draft 4, help wanted

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: website draft 4, help wanted
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 18:57:47 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:

To clarify:

- I want somebody to ORGANIZE the examples.  As in "look at the
  current input/*.ly examples, look at the inspirational
headwords, look at mutopia, ask for offers of help on -user, look
at snippets, make them up himself, etc.".  Or some combination
thereof.

I guess no one has volunteered for this yet? If not I'll take care of it.

- we only accept public domain or "free" copyleft licensed works.
  If you have a great example that you engraved for a composer,
that's great, but don't ask the composer for special permission to
distribute that exerpt on this page.  Either get permission to put
the entire .ly snippet under a "free" license (it doesn't need to
be the entire work; if you can get permission to put bars 55-59
under a "free" license, fine).
Or just make up an example that looks similar, but is different.
i.e. instead of 5:13 tuplets, use 5:15 tuplets.  Instead of "cis8.
feses,,2 \grace { a''8 } d16 ~ d8 ~ d32", make a snippet that does
"geses,,2 \grace {a''8 } e8 ~ e4. aes2 "

The example I sent was my own composition, CC-licensed. Is that not free enough? I just made up and typeset a 2nd-Viennese style excerpt, too. (attached)

I'll gather up some other examples as well. Other folks, feel free to make suggestions. :)

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com