Re: website draft 4, help wanted

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: website draft 4, help wanted
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:07:52 +0200 (CEST)

>> A small grammatical correction:
>>   Ohne Händchen, mit *den* Füßen zu spielen
>> BTW, is this title your invention or do you cite something?  The
>> German diminutive `Händchen' has some additional connotations which
>> makes this `joke' sound a bit strange, especially because you don't
>> use the expected parallel diminutive, `Füßchen'.
>>   -> Händchen halten
>>   -> ein gutes Händchen haben für etwas
>>   -> ein glückliches Händchen haben
>
> Hehehe, thanks, Werner. My wife (a German professor) already corrected
> the "den" part.

Vertrauen ist gut, Kontrolle ist besser :-)

> She didn't mention the connotations of Händchen though.  And yes, I
> made it up. :) Would it be better simply to say Hände instead, or to
> change it to Füßchen?

I suppose this your piano piece is written for Qwerty Uiop[1], the
Gelatine Prince from 2364th dimension, who actually plays piano with
his jelly feet...  IMHO, using `Hände' is better.

    Werner

[1] See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirteen_and_a_Half_Lives_of_Captain_Bluebear

    I strongly recommend that you and your wife read this extremely
    funny book -- the original is in German, where the prince is
    called Qwert Zuiopü. :-)