Re: [dal segno / da capo] -> "Kopf" "Kopf"

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: [dal segno / da capo] -> "Kopf" "Kopf"
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 08:45:36 -0400

Werner,

You may achieve some of what you're looking for with these variables that I've been meaning to add to the LSR. You can play around with them and change some them to suit your purpose.

I've had good luck with putting them in parts and having them display only once in the score, above the first staff.

There is a fix somewhere on the list to get more than one \mark to display in a measure, but you'll have to search for it.

Hope this helps,

David

%%% Segno sign

segnoSign = {
 \mark
 \markup {
   \musicglyph #"scripts.segno"

%%% includes the words "To Coda" before the Coda sign and centers the coda sign horizontally on the barline

textToCoda = {
 \once
 \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #0.770
 \mark
 \markup
 \line
 \general-align #Y #CENTER {
   \small
   \bold
   \italic "To Coda  "
   \musicglyph #"scripts.coda"

%%% text "D.S. al Coda" right-aligned

dalSegno = {
 \once
 \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
 \once
\override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility = #begin-of-line-invisible
 \mark
 \markup {
   \small
   \bold
   \italic "D.S. al Coda"

%%% includes the word "Coda" after the coda sign

textCoda = {
 \once
 \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #-0.15
 \mark
 \markup
 \line
 \general-align #Y #CENTER {
   \musicglyph #"scripts.coda"
   \small
   \bold "Coda"

Werner wrote:
Hello,

I was looking for quite a long time till I found

\mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.coda" }

1.: In german this symbol is often called "Kopf" so this should be mentioned in
the glossary.

2.: There could be an example for a dal segno al Ø-Ø in the NR.

3.: I have some questions about this:

The \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.coda" } command I can place after a
\bar "||" an its printed above.

But unfortunately I cannot put \bar "||"_\markup { \italic \bold {{d.s. }}}.
So I have to add the _\markup to a note instead of to the barline.

When I write several voices and put them once in one file, once together in a
Staffgroup, I would like to optain the Symbols (segno an coda) only once (above
the StaffGroup) and also the "d.s." only once (beneath).

How to obtain this?

It would be nice to have a possibility to put ^\mark \markup { \musicglyph
#"scripts.coda" } and _\mark \markup { \italic \bold {{d.s. }}} to the same \bar
"||"